Unless otherwise noted, all images are copyright Kevin Fermoyle

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Image Inspirations.



I love pictures! As a kid I pored over the pages of every comic book I read, drinking in the colorful imagery (the digitally enhanced image of a classic Sting Ray shown here was inspired by the dynamic drawing seen in comic book art). As a college student I studied books on illustration, absorbing the work of favorite artists. Eventually my path took me into the world of photography. For years I subscribed to magazines like Popular Photography and American Photographer, not for the equipment reviews or the “How to” articles, it was the examples of creative picture taking that kept me coming back each month. Viewing the work of other photographers and artists can encourage development of your own vision. And it can help motivate you for continual improvement in your photographic pursuits. Hopefully we can share some of the passion of the picture making process and you will be inspired to pursue your individual vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment