Unless otherwise noted, all images are copyright Kevin Fermoyle

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cougar On The Prowl

Just added to my on-line art gallery doctorphoto.imagekind.com is an image entitled Cougar On The Prowl. And no, this cougar is not a middle age woman looking for love or a dangerous four legged predator - we're talking the sheet metal and chrome version of a Cougar. Unlike its Ford stable mate the Mustang, Cougars seem to be pretty rare at car shows. I don't know if that is due to lack of sales during its prime years of the Sixties and Seventies or if the vehicle simply wasn't built to last, leaving few to restore. When I saw this one, I photographed it and immediately put it on my list of cars to receive an art treatment.

For my photo illustration I selected a low angle shot and applied a variety of Photoshop filters to the car and the background, treating each separately before merging the two together. As I neared completion of the project I had two versions, one where the Cougar appears relatively straightforward, while the other features a more graphic look. I went with the latter, feeling it was more exciting and dynamic.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment