Unless otherwise noted, all images are copyright Kevin Fermoyle

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Classic Mustang



Perhaps it is the cold weather keeping me inside that I seem to be spending more time lately working at the computer on my photo illustration projects. The latest completed piece entitled MustangClassic is up on my Cars gallery at imagekind.com Unlike many of my other images I did very little work on the car itself. The original 1964 Mustang is such an iconic vehicle I felt it was best presented with minimal retouching. Instead I focused on the background which was picked up from a different photo and merged with the Mustang shot(the actual background was much too busy). I wanted the car to really pop, so I de-saturated and softened the background with Photoshop filters to subdue it and help the sheet metal to really shine.

The 1964 Mustang along with the 2+2 fastback model that followed a couple of years later and the early Seventies "Boss" model are among my all time favorite automobiles. The Mustang is truly a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment