Unless otherwise noted, all images are copyright Kevin Fermoyle

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Butterfly Valentine

A few years ago my wife and I spent a couple of delightful days on Mackinac Island. While trekking around the island, we made a stop at the butterfly house just outside the downtown area. The various colors, shapes and sizes of those beautiful insects is truly amazing. And of course they make for eye catching photo subjects. With so many of the them flitting around, I was able to take a number of shots as we strolled through.

Returning home I began reviewing our vacation shots, deleting the bad and saving the good. I'm not sure how long I stared at the photo above before realizing there was a heart hidden within the image. A bit of cropping, as well as burning in at the bottom of the photo to emphasize the heart shape and voila - I had a one of a kind Valentine to print on a card for my sweetheart. That has to better than another box of chocolates, right? Uh, right?? Well, at the very least it was a more personalized way of saying "I Love You".

No comments:

Post a Comment