Unless otherwise noted, all images are copyright Kevin Fermoyle

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Outta My Way


Just posted a new piece titled "Outta My Way" to my Zazzle store site. The base photo was shot while visiting a car show last summer. I really liked the image and had been kicking around ideas for awhile on how to best treat it. My thought was to create the feel of early evening, looking in your rear view mirror and seeing this hot, street rod bearing down on you. After manipulating the image to where I wanted it, the type was added. My original intent was for the words to appear as if they were spray painted across the front of the image, but that method made them difficult to read. The best solution was to darken the lettering which resulted in better separation from the background but the sprayed/mottled look was largely diminished. The finished image doesn't match exactly to what I had in my head but it comes close.

No comments:

Post a Comment