Unless otherwise noted, all images are copyright Kevin Fermoyle

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Big Red Riviera

The most recent addition to my on-line art gallery is a photo illustration of a 1965 Buick Riviera.
The '65 Riviera is one of the most beautifully designed cars to ever come out of Detroit. If I were able to purchase a dream car, that particular model would be near the top of my list. Purchasing one however is simply not in the cards, so I have to be content with capturing an image of one and then doing a bit of digital work to create an exciting version of my own.
After shooting several images from different angles, I settled on the one above as the best bet for my digital customization job.Retouching was the next order of business to minimize the more obnoxious looking reflections without compromising the reflectivity of the sheet metal.

Next, I created a separate background element to impart a feeling of speed and motion which was combined with the retouched Riviera. Cropping the image was the final step prior to posting to my gallery. Although I have a methodology for my illustrations, there is also a certain amount of experimentation during the process depending on the look of the car and the overall composition. A photo illustration takes many hours over several days but it is something I truly enjoy which makes it time well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment