Unless otherwise noted, all images are copyright Kevin Fermoyle

Sunday, July 18, 2010

What's The Angle?

Angles and lines, either man made or natural, can be a good source for interesting imagery. The photo above was taken where the Clinton River passes under Avon Road near Livernois in Rochester Hills. Initially, the vertical lines and their reflection in the river grabbed my attention. Then I noticed the even more interesting shapes on the left created by the cast shadow of the roadway above. In particular, I like the triangular shapes meeting at a point a third of the way in from the left edge. The relatively muted colors help the image by not distracting the eye from the angles and lines I wished to emphasize. At some point I plan on converting the photo to black and white which may increase the impact of the shapes even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment