Unless otherwise noted, all images are copyright Kevin Fermoyle

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Space Age Buick

I really love this hood ornament from a 1950 Buick spotted at a car show last summer. I'm not a big fan of cars from that era, but man oh man that chrome jet just screams space age! The sky reflected in the hood helps to emphasize the feeling that the jet is in full flight. But the reflection also caused a problem with the hot spot from the glaring afternoon sun creating a distraction to the eye. I wanted the focus on the chrome elements - the jet and the Buick lettering - so I softened the glare with a bit of retouching. The finished piece has been added to my Cars gallery on Imagekind (click link below the page header). Hopefully there are Buick fans out there who will want a picture of this fine piece of car art for their very own.





No comments:

Post a Comment